Getting Started

Howdy. I’m testing out using ActionStitch for recording outdoor, youth soccer practices and games. Details on my current setup further below.

Thus far, I’ve had a few issues stitching videos…

1. Audio: when I select an audio source (left or right) in the Stitch dialog, the stitching fails to combine the audio and video, with log messages about being unable to find ffmpeg: “2024-07-24 20:29:27,636 WARNING RuntimeError: No ffmpeg exe could be found. Install ffmpeg on your system, or set the IMAGEIO_FFMPEG_EXE environment variable.” FWIW, ffmpeg is present both via ActionStich at: /Users/markd/Library/Application\ Support/actionstitch.com/ActionStitch and also at: /opt/local/bin/ffmpeg
  2. Video: perhaps this is a configuration error (I’m using the GoPro Hero 11 Black 5.3k Standard profile), or a capture issue, but I’m consistently getting a curved distortion area on the outer edge of one of my cameras. See below for example. I can crop it out of the video outline in the Stitch dialog, but wondering if there’s anyway to resolve it without needing to crop.

Setup:

Hardware:

• Two GoPro Hero12 Black cameras
  • Gurmoir Aluminum Cases [link]
  • Glide Gear 20’ tripod [link]
  • Neewer 36MM Tripod Ball Head mount for tilt [link]
  • Neewer 8"/20.3cm Dual Camera Mount Tripod Bracket [link]
  • Once proven out, I’ll probably add pass-through battery doors to the GoPros, 20’ usb-c cables and an external battery solution.

Recording setup (same on both GoPros, mounted at 90 degree offset with I think a proper overlap in FOV):
Profile: Standard
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Resolution: 5.3k
Frame Rate: 30
Lens: Wide
HyperSmooth: Off

Thanks for creating this software and providing support. I’m keen on getting this to work to avoid having to spend my money with Veo :wink:

1. Try this latest version which fixed the FFMPEG issue:

https://download.actionstitch.com/actionstitch_1.0.6.exe
https://download.actionstitch.com/actionstitch_1.0.6.dmg

1. That can be fixed by rotating cameras a little bit to the right. I would suggest 3d printing the GoPro 10 mount from ActionStitch How to Guide which should fit GoPro 12 too, which is much easier to use that the dual camera mount that you bought.
1 Like