Recommended ways to easily cut video in half

Hey there. There was an unfortunate occurrence today at my daughter’s game and I want to cut out about 5-10 seconds of the game play, or figure out a way to sensor it. Could you recommend an easy way for me to slice out a part and re merge, or simply cut it into pieces? I have Davinci Resolve, but don’t feel it’ll do what I want it to as it will try to re render the footage and I don’t want it to do that. Ideas?

I would suggest using ffmpeg for this: ffmpeg - Remove a section from the middle of a video without concat - Stack Overflow

Great, I’ll check it out. Thanks!

This FFMPEG stuff is making my head spin. I know where I need the video cut and for how long, but I cannot figure out how to make it work. Basically I need to cut the time between 00:21:20 and 00:21:35 (15 total seconds need to be removed). Any assistance you may be able to offer? Or am I simply better off re starting the Actionstitch encode and doing 2 separate videos?

Something like this should work:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -t 00:21:20 -c copy part1.mp4
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -ss 00:21:35 -c copy part2.mp4
echo "file 'part1.mp4'" > filelist
echo "file 'part2.mp4'" >> filelist
ffmpeg -f concat -i filelist -c copy output.mp4
rm filelist

Okay. Thank you. Maybe a dumb question, but do I need to rename my file to input.mp4 or simply alter the code to include the actual video file name?

Either is fine. I made a few changes to remove an unnecessary wait command and some semicolons. Please note that this assumes that you’re using macOS or Linux. On Windows you can just manually edit the filelist file.