Recording with one gopro upside down?

I’m wondering if I’d get better stitching / distortion results if I had the “left” camera (the one to left when looking out from perspective of camera) upside down and raised a bit so the lens are closer together. Has anyone tried this?

This is a good idea, it should definitely give better stitching for close-up objects. If you want to give me a try I can add an option in ActionStitch to flip the video on one side.

I think I can setup the gopro 11 to automatically flip the video so I won’t need this. I’m going to give it a try and will let you know how it goes.

Go Pro auto flip is fine; my current challenge is figuring out the correct angle to have between the cameras to get enough overlap on the center. Seems like I need more overlap at the center than I was expecting to get a good stitch. Any suggestions for how much of the recording should overlap? I’ll try to put together a good 3d model for the base and how I did this when I get somethign solid.

The mount I created for GoPro has a 90 degree angle. You can change to 85 or 80 degrees which should still give you some room on both sides.

Take GoPro 10 as an example. The specs say it has a horizontal FOV of 118: GoPro Support

So even if the angle is 70 degrees you still cover 118 + 70 = 188 degrees.